Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wallwisher

Sometimes the easiest tools are the most useful. I'm not sure if that's the case here, but Wallwisher is an easy tool that some school districts might find useful. It's an online Post-it note collection place. A public refrigerator door (of sorts)!

Much like a blog comment or message board, this would be a place for users to quickly give their thoughts on a topic or answer a question. I can add a note of my own to a created 'wall' and move the notes around as I see fit. When I leave and return to the wall, the notes are arranged as I left them. However, another user may have arranged the notes differently and the notes will appear to that user as he/she left them.

I could use it to take my own meeting notes or make reminders to myself. I could pose a question to a class of students and ask them to each post a note to the wall with their answer.

There are several ideas for its use and the cost - $0 - is just right for many districts.

No comments: