Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Adobe ConnectNow

If you're looking for a web conferencing solution, it might be worth experimenting with Adobe ConnectNow. I tried out the 'free' version with a co-worker today and was fairly impressed with the results. Most of the details are on the page linked, but a few points of note:

* The free version is for up to 3 users, including the host. There are fee-based options for additional connections

* There's no need for attendees to register or to have any software other than Flash Player

* In a single interface, I can see the presenter's screen, hear the voice, view a webcam and participate in a chat

* Remote desktop capabilities are there as well

I'm sure there are other products available and there may be other features of this product that I didn't experiment with but, for some of the interactions that I have, I could see where this product could be quite useful. It's worth a look!

No comments: