Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Humorous PSAs on texting, feat. James Lipton

I've been doing some work on Digital Citizenship lately and, along the way, I've been searching online for useful public service announcements related to technology topics. Some are very professionally done, some are created by amateurs and there's a whole subculture of faux PSAs that are humorous for completely different reasons.

Today, I stumbled across this series of PSAs involving James Lipton. He hosts Inside the Actors Studio and I've seen him lampooned on Saturday Night Live. Mr. Lipton is probably most recognizable for his beard and his speech. He has used his most famous qualities in a series of public service announcements asking kids to "give it a ponder" before texting.

You may find these useful and, if not, I'd say you'll get at least one laugh.






1 comment:

Tim Johnson said...

I think this is great. I am trying to develop some quick Cyber bullying safety tips using students as the actors. I like the theme and these videos will be a great exemplar. Thanks, Tim