Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wireless needs and learning from others...

It's always interesting when you get into a technology-related conversation and realize just how little you know. It's even more humbling when that conversation occurs with someone working outside of the technology business.

I got into a conversation with my preacher after church last night. A member was donating a few computers from his business and wanted to make me aware. I assumed that this might lead to me needing to get these machines networked together. I talk to the preacher to ascertain his plans for these donated machines.

Ten minutes later, my jaw is on the ground as he is talking to me about the Lifehacker website, third-party firmware such as Tomato and a discussion of parabolic directional antennas - even cantennas made from Pringles cans for WarDriving, all of which he had naturally heard of before. I was floored to say the least.

I get the feeling I'm headed down this road, but I bet he's done this as well:

No comments: