Monday, February 2, 2009

Status: Personally and with local districts

I'll quit with the Web 2.0 info, etc and focus on basics for now. Here's an update that I sent to some of our Frankfort-based staff last night:

I had power restored sometime overnight Saturday evening/Sunday morning. After Sunday's work of helping my grandfather clear trees from fences, I will attempt to resume a (somewhat) normal work schedule tomorrow (Monday). I figure this will consist primarily of trying to touch base with various districts to get status. If you have particular concerns with specific districts, let me know and I will attempt to address them.

Things are improving daily, but it's still a good way from "normal" in many areas. Some smaller districts are resuming classes Monday. Some badly affected rural districts have already stated that they will be out of school for the entire week. Most are in between, meaning that many will be closed tomorrow with a goal of opening sometime this week.


If you read this before bringing your KEN site up, do NOT simply power on the AD/Exchange servers. Our support staff is monitoring status of KEN cabinets and they want the UPS units to get sufficient battery power before powering these servers up. They can remotely power on the servers and will do so 1-3 hours after power is restored.

I have power and am available as needed. Don't hesitate to call if I can do anything to help. I'll be reaching out today to various CIO's that we haven't heard from yet. As I get info, I'll try to update the blog. Take care! JR

No comments: