Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Vyew

That isn't a typo. Vyew (pronounced "view") is a tool that I ran across recently. I'm throwing together a very brief entry and wondering if others have tried it. It appears to be a FREE (or low cost for the fee-based versions) tool similar to WebEx. You could share a presentation, whiteboard with other users or even share your desktop. For administrators or trainers, this could be an extremely useful tool. My understanding is that it will provide you a phone number whereby you could connect up to 100 users via voice.

For K-12, I would say that you could put content online with annotations and it would be there for absent students to access later. I don't have much time at the moment to research this further, but this appears to be a really nice tool. I do see that it was named by PC World as one of their "25 best business software tools and web services." Could be worth a further look!

No comments: