Thursday, July 9, 2009

TransACT

I don't normally post anything about a fee-based service, but TransACT was brought up at our regional CIO meeting. They provide standard forms that have been reviewed from a legal perspective. As it turns out, the Kentucky Department of Education has some level of statewide subscription to TransACT services. There's even a case study!

In our meeting, Linda had mentioned that she searched TransACT to find some language related to procedures for Acceptable Use Policy updates. I thought I'd give this a shot until I realized that I needed an account to access the TransACT resources. As it turns out, this isn't a problem. If I choose 'subscribe' and then choose the option to register for access to my personal account, I'm prompted for state, county and district and am allowed to create my own account.

Once the account is created, there are a few databases to search that contain forms. I chose to search for 'acceptable use' in the GenEd database and found the KDE "Electronic Information Systems" Acceptable Use Procedures and Guidelines. I'll link it here, but this link should be invalid until a login is established.

At any rate, I thought I'd make mention of the service in case others were also unaware of KDE's agreement with TransACT.

No comments: